Note: This recipe is more of a guide, the amounts can be as much or as little as you want to eat. It's an excellent appetizer.
- 1/2 t Aleppo pepper
- 1/4 t coriander seeds
- 1 smashed garlic clove
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T neutral oil
- Sauté ingredients for 2 minutes. Let infuse for 1 hour. Strain out solids.
Bringing the dish together:
- Tuna, we bought 2/3 of a pound
- 1 recipe Aleppo oil
- cilantro leaves
- flakey salt
- pork rinds, homemade or otherwise, crush in mortar/pestle, season with lime zest
- Semi-freeze the tuna for 20-30 minutes. This will help you get cleaner slices.
- Thinly slice, arrange slices on a chilled plate.
- Drizzle on Aleppo oil. Garnish with cilantro leaves (one per slice ideally) and pork rind dust.
- Give a good dust of flakey salt.
- You may have some ugly slices, or odd small ends. We chopped them up and make some spicy tuna hand rolls. I can't even explain how good they were. The tuna wasn't a mushy paste like you normally see at mid-range sushi spots.