A good use of the flavorful and nutritious ramp tops. I had pickled the bottoms for a previous recipe and was eager to use the leaves up. All of the ingredients were sourced from the Friday Union Square Greenmarket. Also, savory dutch babies will be the wave of the future. So many possibilities!
- 3 room temperature eggs
- 3/4 cups of whole milk, room temperature
- 2 T melted, and slightly cooled butter
- 2 T corn starch
- 1/2 c + 1 T all purpose flour
- pinch of kosher salt
- couple grinds of black pepper
- 1 T neutral oil
- handful of ramp leaves (washed)
- garnish: pickled fennel, fresh ricotta, micro basil
- Place a large cast iron skillet in the oven. Preheat pan for 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Blend eggs in your blender until frothy.
- Blend in ramp greens
- With blender running, slowly add in milk, then butter.
- Mix together salt, pepper, corn starch, and flour.
- Add in dry, pulse to combine.
- Remove HOT pan from the oven, swirl in the neutral oil.
- Quickly pour in batter and return to oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until puffed and brown on the edges.
- Garnish with the suggested (or perhaps some smoked mozzarella and prosciutto!)