Admittedly the weather has been a little up and down. It happens to be freezing presently, and I know that this is normally a warm weather dish.. butttt I'll eat ceviche all the live long day. I get my scallops from either American Seafood or Pura Vida Fisheries . Scallop ceviche is a little more forgiving then your average fish as fish can over cook in the acid really quickly and turn to mush. Think summery thoughts!
- 1/4-1/3 lb of day boat scallops, abductors removed, halved or quartered depending on size
- 2 t sriracha
- 1/4 chopped cilantro
- 1 finely diced shallot
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 T brandy
- 1 t honey
- pinch salt to taste
- 1/4 t ground cumin
- 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced on the mandoline
- micro beet greens for garnish
- optional organic corn chips for serving
- optional avocado for serving
- Prepare the scallops. Add all citrus juice, brandy, cumin, sriracha, salt, cilantro, honey and shallot.
- Slice watermelon radish and toss in with the scallops and tiger's milk (thats what the mix is above!).
- Let meld in the fridge for 25-30 minutes. Adjust acidity and salt as needed.
- Serve with chopped avocado, and corn chips.